Sunday, July 20, 2008

Simple Summer Pleasures

1. Popsicles of any flavour
2. Watching re-runs of Golden Girls on You Tube. (You'll laugh your head off!!) Thank you to a member called GoingGolden who posted a million episodes.
3. Reading murder mysteries on Sunday afternoons.
4. Journaling and painting. (Although these can bring pleasure any time of the year.)
5. Going for a jog in the sweltering heat and then having a cold glass of water.
6. Crafting and playing with colours.
7. Walking my doggie.
8. Writing on the balcony.
9. Having pasta salad because it's too hot to use the stove.
10. Having a nap.

3 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

Amen to so many of those!

Connie said...

HI Happy Girl!!

Thanks for making yourself known on my blog...I just finished reading your posts and your profile. I completely relate with you!!!

Plus...I forgot all about Fear of Flying. I read that book years ago. I AODRED IT!! I got so into the book that one day I took off of work just because I needed to finish it...but, at the time I was so disappointed with the very open-ended conclusion...that I literally threw the book out of my second story window!!! I'll have to pick that book up again and see how I feel about it now that I have about ten years of life and relationships under my belt!

I really enjoy your blog. It is so nice to meet you.

Peace & Love.

happygirl? said...

Hey Connie!

Thanks for visiting. I read that book four/five years ago and I just remember being thrilled that Jong had articulated a panorama of socially and sexually relevant women's issues. Regardless of the decade, women can certainly relate to Isadora Wing.

I know, though, that open ended final chapter was frustrating... you should check out the other books. Jong continued to write about that character.

Cheers!