Sunday, July 27, 2008

Colour Mania!

I found this video on YouTube and I think the techniques are really cool. I think I'll give it a try. The colours are beyond vibrant but the mix of spray paint, markers and what I think is acrylic paint is what makes the paintings pop. The painter's name is Jelene and the YouTube member is called cheeryohs, FIY.


The final product reminds me of Beetlejuice, a crazy but imaginative cartoon. I've always enjoyed the colours and off-beat atmosphere of that show. These paintings have that same weirdness but in really intriguing way.

1 comment:

Pawsitive Art said...

Thanks for the comment you left about my babies! :) I recognize the artist in the video you posted! Shes on my friends lists on myspace. I originally found Jelene on Ebay. I LOVE her pop art!! She goes on live on justintv, but I haven't seen her paint live in forever.